Earthwise Packaging™ is Committed to Promoting Sustainability Within Our Organization and for Our Customers
- To comply with and exceed where practicable, all applicable legislation, regulations, and codes of practice in reference to environmental protections set by the state.
- To practice efficient and non-wasteful methods in daily business operations.
- To ensure that our leadership always has sustainability in mind for the direction of the company and all decisions.
- To minimize the environmental impact of all office activities.
- To make clients and suppliers aware of our Sustainability Policy, and encourage them to seek out our accommodations for sustainable practices.
- To review and continually improve our sustainability performance.
Steps to Put These Principles into Practice
Working Practices and Advice to Clients
- Ensure that all associates we employ consider sustainability issues in their advice to clients
- Inform customers of our recyclable products and the best ways to dispose of them.
- Provide resources on the reduction of plastic used for our products versus competitors.
- Provide resources on the environmental benefits of alternative green packaging including plant-based plastics.
Travel and Meetings
- Avoid physically traveling to meetings where alternatives are available and practical such as using traditional calls, video calls, or Zoom meetings.
- Establish remote and hybrid work for employees whose commute is not within a reasonable distance.
- Encourage the use of low GHG emitting forms of travel such as bicycles and electric bikes.
- Minimize traveling across states to conduct business with clients or partners.
- Distributors are located around the country to reduce the travel of products.
Equipment and Consumption of Resources
- Minimize our use of paper and other office consumables and identify opportunities to reduce waste.
- Arrange for the reuse or recycling of office waste, including paper, computer supplies, and redundant equipment
- Reduce the energy consumption of office activities by purchasing energy-efficient equipment
- Shut down office equipment overnight when not in use
- Non-compliant containers are reprocessed into viable material
- Reduce water use to less than 20 CCFs per month.